Xbox Live programming director, Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb has announced the “Ultimate Xbox 360 Sale” for next week. Exact price reductions are unknown for now, though Major Nelson was kind enough to list a whopping thirty-two Xbox 360 games that will be heavily discounted over the course of the North American holiday week!
At this point, it’s safe to assume that these games will not be a part of Microsoft’s previously announced ‘Games with Gold’ promotion, which will offer two Xbox 360 games available via Games on Demand for free each month, leading up to November’s launch of Xbox One. This promotion has already kicked off with Fable III being free for the month of June, with Halo 3 and Assassin’s Creed II also confirmed to be given au gratis to Gold members later, for a limited time.
Because we here at Eggplante would hate to have you loyal Xbox gamers burdened by a heavy wallet, we’re going to give you the complete list of games that will be part of next week’s sale. Hell, we’ll sweeten the pot! We’ll list the aggregate review scores of each game according to Gamerankings.com (specifically, the Xbox 360 edition, if the game is multiplatform), along with our personal top recommendations (look for the ), so you can get the best value for your gaming budget during the sale!
– Assassin’s Creed III (84.92%)
– BioShock Infinite (91.89%)
– Borderlands 2 (89.29%)
– Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway (77.19%)
– Bulletstorm (84.55%)
– Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (78.03%)
– Crysis (83.98%)
– Crysis 3 (76.73%)
– Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga (72.69%)
– Dragon Age: Origins (86.98%)
– Far Cry 3 (89.14%)
– Far Cry Instincts: Predator (77.03%)
– Forza Horizon (86.19%)
– Gears of War: Judgment (77.53%)
– Hasbro Family Game Night 3 (62.33%)
– Hitman: Absolution (79.29%)
– Kinect Sports: Season Two (67.25%)
– Left 4 Dead 2 (89.05%)
– LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (79.54%)
– LEGO The Lord of the Rings (81.41%)
– Mass Effect (91.24%)
– Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (82.56%)
– Monopoly Streets (67.22%)
– Perfect Dark Zero (81.27%)
– Prey (78.33%)
– Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis (82.50%)
– The Orange Box (96.36%)
– Tomb Raider (87.41%)
– The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings (87.25%)
– WWE ’13 (79.88%)
– XCOM: Enemy Unknown (88.96%)
That’s certainly a lot to choose from! While some of these games have been available on Xbox 360 since launch (specifically Perfect Dark Zero and Far Cry Instincts: Predator), many are also more recent hits as well. It’s especially generous when you consider that both BioShock Infinite and Tomb Raider, the most widely well-received console games of 2013 so far, excluding the PS3-exclusive The Last of Us, are part of the sale as well. We strongly urge you to pick up both of those if you haven’t already!
Thus, don’t forget to hike it to Xbox Live Marketplace this coming week. There is a pretty extensive shopping spree in your future! For news of any big sales and promotions across all game platforms, Eggplante is your one-stop shop!