Through press release means, Warner Bros. has just revealed exactly what will be included within Middle-earth: Shadow of War‘s free content updates, as well as their specific release dates. While doing so, the company has also confirmed when, exactly, the game’s first two paid pieces of DLC will drop.
Three free content updates seem to be planned, with the first releasing on November 21st, the second dropping on December 5th, and the third on the 12th of that month. Together, they will give those who bought the game bonuses like online fight pits, endless sieges, and a brutal difficulty option.
- Endless Siege – Defend your fortresses against Sauron’s forces as the Dark Lord tries to reclaim Mordor in the Endless Siege. (Available Nov. 21)
- Rebellion – Crush the rebel Ologs and Uruks in your forces as they seek to undermine the Bright Lord. (Available Nov. 21)
- Enhanced Photo Mode – Capture every battle and siege and apply new filters, frames and textures with the Enhanced Photo Mode update. (Available Nov. 21)
- Online Fight Pits – Challenge another player’s Orc follower, Overlord vs. Overlord, to a fight to the death in the arena to earn powerful rewards and upgrades. (Available Dec. 5)
- Brutal Difficulty – A new higher difficulty level even more challenging than Nemesis with no last chances. (Available Dec. 12)
It has also been reiterated that both of Middle-Earth: Shadow of War‘s tribe expansions will release this year. The first, the ‘Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion,’ will also drop on November 21st, while the ‘Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion’ is dated for December 12th. The other two pieces of major DLC (both of which happen to be story-based add-ons) don’t have exact dates as of yet, but are planned for February and May of next year.