Fans of the classic Fear Effect series can look forward to a new entry next month, with that being the newly designed sequel, Fear Effect Sedna. A game that will send familiar characters Hana, Rain, Glas and Deke — as well as a newcomer named Axel — into the world of Inuit mythology.
Sedna is built around the idea of isometric, third-person gameplay, and will combine stealth, action and puzzle solving with animated visuals and cutscenes. This will include the classic death cutscenes from the original games.
“Fear Effect Sedna generated an amazing response from fans of the series when we ran our Kickstarter, and with the support of Square Enix Collective and co-producer Forever Entertainment, we’re excited to see just what they make of it come release,” offers Benjamin Anseaume, founder of Sushee.
“Developing Fear Effect Sedna has really brought the team here at Sushee together, and that’s exactly what the gameplay is about. Each character has different special weapons and the game includes a paused tactical mode to control different team members at the same time and give orders to work as a team. It’s an approach that taps into the core structure of the original games but, with the technology available to us today, feels very 2018.”
Its key features include:
- The return of the original Fear Effect’s much loved cast of characters
- Isometric viewpoint to enable players to interact with multiple characters at the same time
- Gameplay that mixes real-time action, tactical play, stealth, and puzzles
- The adrenaline-based “Fear Effect” gameplay mechanic that impacts on both attack and defence
- Animated stylistic cutscenes, stunning environments, and classic death cutscenes
- A mature and exciting story that follows mercenaries uncovering the mysteries of Inuit mythology
Keep in mind that this isn’t the only Fear Effect game that Square Enix is currently working on, as it also has Fear Effect: Reinvented in development. That will, of course, be a remastered take on the original game, which will give those of us who’ve never played it a chance to do so.
Fear Effect: Sedna will be released on March 6th, at an asking price of $19.99. It will be playable on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC.