Today saw the reveal of a brand new indie game called Scarf, which gave us Journey flashbacks when we first saw it.
Developed by Salmanca, Spain’s Uprising Studios, Scarf is a 3D platformer for all ages that follows a protagonist whose life is aligned closely with nature itself. Following a creature named Hyke, whose polymorphic scarf helps him solve puzzles and overcome dangerous obstacles, it promises an immersive narrative and gameplay experience.
For more on this game, check out the following, which we lifted from its press release. Its announcement trailer will follow after all of this text stuff.
Hyke was born in an unknown place, surrounded by other souls. All of them will start a path through the World with the main goal being to meld with it and become part of nature.
- A story for all audiences with multiple narrative layers
- Beautiful scenarios
- A mysterious polymorphic scarf adapts to each world to give the player different skills and mechanics for each level
- Immersive narrative and very visual gameplay through a story without text
- Moments of quiet introspection and exploration juxtaposed by intense situations where skills will be put to test
- Distinctive game worlds
- Natural scenarios where the inhabitants will respond differently to your actions
- A magical world with a unique mythology where the player will visit different locations
- Expertly crafted atmosphere
Scarf is set to be released this winter, meaning either in 2018 or early 2019. It is heading to PC.