Less than half a month remains before Sniper Elite V2 Remastered will viscerally tear Nazis apart with its heavy-hitting bullets and grotesque kill cams. As such, Rebellion has started to turn up its marketing blitz, with a brand new trailer that advertises seven reasons for upgrading.
What are those reasons? Well, according to the video and press release, they are as follows:
- Incredible Remastered Visuals – Sniper Elite V2 Remastered features beautifully updated environments, characters, weapons and vehicles, modernized rendering and post-processing effects, enhanced texturing and level geometry, a revamped lighting system, and dozens upon dozens of improvements and refinements.
- New Frame-by-frame Photo Mode – Pause and step through the action frame-by-frame, position the camera, apply a filter, adjust the lighting and take stunning photos to share with the community. Including your epic X-Ray kill camera shots.
- New Playable Characters – For the first time, play the campaign and multiplayer modes as one of 8 new characters from Rebellion’s Zombie Army series.
- Optional 60fps Performance Mode – On supported platforms, enjoy Sniper Elite V2 Remastered’s epic campaign in super smooth 60 frames-per-second.
- All DLC Included – Experience the infamous “Kill Hitler” mission. Take the fight to new fronts in three new campaign levels. Hunt your foes with a variety of iconic weapons including the Lee Enfield MK III, M1D Garrand, M1 Carbine and more.
- Multiplayer & Co-Op – Gather your squad and compete in 7 uniquely tense multiplayer modes, now for up to 16 players online*. Including Deathmatch, Distance King, Dogtag Harvest and Capture the Flag
- 4K and HDR support – Stunning 4K HDR support transports you to the front line
Sniper Elite V2 Remastered is heading to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC, and will arrive on May 14th. When it does, it will retail for $34.99 USD, though there will be a brief 10% discount around launch. Also worth noting, Steam users who already own the original version of the game will be able to upgrade for only $9.99.