This is a big day for fans of Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, because it marks the release of the game’s first major expansion. An add-on they call Episode 1 – D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions. Combined with the game’s title, it’s quite a mouthful.
As you likely know already, this content is part of the game’s Year 1 Pass, which grants folks early access. Others will have to wait until July 30th to partake in this interactive, post-apocalyptic action.
So, what all does this include?
The “Heatwave” Apparel Event is now live, offering players the chance to collect 40 new summer-themed items through the Heatwave apparel cache. Agents can earn keys to open the Heatwave apparel cache through gameplay or direct purchase.
In addition to the release of Episode 1, the second of four apparel bundles is available today and redeemable through Twitch Prime. Agents can check out and redeem the new Red Panda Sports Team Fan apparel directly on Twitch Prime.
Episode 1 – D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions takes players to the surrounding areas of Washington D.C. in two new main missions and a new game experience where players will investigate the fate of a lost convoy, encountering unexpected threats along the way.
Content featured in Episode 1 – D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions includes:
- Two New Main Missions
- Camp White Oak: Division Agents stage a well-planned attack into the presidential compound, as they seek to bring the now-traitor President Andrew Ellis to justice.
- Manning National Zoo: Emeline Shaw, leader of the Outcasts, fled after her defeat in D.C. and is now held up at the Manning National Zoo regaining strength. Agents are on the hunt to eliminate Shaw and stop the Outcasts before they make their next move.
- New Experience: Expedition
In this new experience, players enter Kenly College, where contact has been lost with a military convoy full of vital supplies. When they receive what appears to be a final broadcast, they form an expedition to find any surviving members in need of rescue. Expeditions will be split in three different wings for players to complete. Each wing will have a specific theme and tone, to be released on a week-by-week basis. Completing all three wings grants access to an exclusive treasure room full of rewards.
- New Weapons and Gear. Players can obtain:
- One exotic weapon: Diamondback Rifle
- One exotic gear: BTSU Datagloves
- Two weapons: Stoner LMG and Carbine 7
- Classified Assignments: Agents can take on two new classified assignments in Washington’s Central Aquarium and NSA Site B13 (Exclusive only to Year 1 Pass holders).
Alongside content, Episode 1 will also bring game updates based on player feedback:
- New Discovery Difficulty setting for the “Operation Dark Hours” Raid
- The new Discovery Difficulty, along with its corresponding matchmaking option, will allow more players to experience The Division 2 in its entirety. While Operation Dark Hours Exotic loot remains exclusive to the Normal Difficulty, Agents playing the Discovery Difficulty can expect a variety of great rewards, while training for the Normal Difficulty.
- Crafting improvements
- Players can now craft their gear up until Gear Score 500 and share blueprints across characters (available after reaching World Tier 1). Additionally, crafted weapons can now be recalibrated.
- Weapons balancing and skills buff
As part of the ongoing updates to answer community feedback, the latest update includes an overhaul of Skills, as each Skill power will be fine-tuned, adding more to agents’ build.