Fans of twin-stick games will be happy to hear that a new, indie offering is in the works. Dubbed Trifox, it’s being developed by Glowfish Interactive, and is targeting a 2020 release.
Trifox promises an interesting blend of genres and mechanics, as while it’s billed as a twin-stick experience, it’s also said to be inspired by classic 3D platformers and action-adventure games. The perspective will be top-down, though.
- Key Features:
- Mix and match between different gameplay archetypes (classes) and play the way YOU want
- Combine and experiment with a wide range of abilities and engage in thrilling fast-paced combat
- Explore a rich and colorful world where fantasy meets technology with a wink and a nod to the classic platformer adventure games from the past
- Interact with the environment and outsmart your enemies
- Uncover the secret plans of an evil mastermind as you try to restore your ravaged home
The press bulletin states that Trifox is currently in development, and planned for release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.