The day is upon us. That is, September 5th, which marks the beginning of Ubisoft’s Ghost Recon: Breakpoint open beta test. If you aren’t playing it, you might want to look into getting a key. Said beta test runs from today through to the 8th.
During the Closed Beta players will have access to several provinces and missions to explore in up to four player co-op or solo. Missions available include two Operation Greenstone missions, taken from the main storyline; Auroa Missions, which include side missions to discover more about the island and its inhabitants and Faction Missions which include eight new missions per day. Drone Areas are also available to test player’s strength in battle, where they can face-off against Murmurs, small flying drones that can swarm players; Aamons, mid-size land drones and Behemoths, huge, heavily armored drones with intense firepower.
Players can also participate in Man Down, a special in game charity event, donating to Child’s Play by teaming up in co-op and helping their teammates by reviving them when they are down. The more players participate, the more Ubisoft will donate, so team-up and protect your squad mates!
In addition to all of this beta stuff, Ubisoft has also revealed its year one content plan for Breakpoint, which includes important DLC information.
Year 1 Post-Launch starts at launch with Operation Greenstone, followed by Episode 2 and 3, coming every 4 months. Each Episode will receive hours of new content and support including a New Adventure, New End-game Content (Raid and Updates), Faction Missions as well as PvP Updates and regular new content, detailed below:
- New Adventures: New story-driven content that expands the main story of the game will be available with each episode.
- New End-Game Content: Every Episode will bring new End-Game content. Episode 1 brings the Project Titan Raid. Players will explore an active volcano on a new island in the Auroa archipelago where they need to use all the skills learned on Auroa in intense four-play co-op challenges. The Raid is replayable and adaptable for all play styles.
- New Faction Missions: Factions in the game will evolve over time and every month, new narrative Story Faction Missions will be released, bringing context as well as character development. New Faction Missions will be available daily and will provide objectives to support the factions and their narrative arcs.
- New Classes: Three new classes will be introduced in Year 1, starting with the Engineer which brings an expertise in hacking.
- Live Events: These events will feature VIPs that will help Nomad tackle new, terrible threats. A new Event will be available with each Year 1 Episode and lasts one month.
- PvP Updates: In addition to the three new classes coming Year 1, which will be fully playable in PvP, new maps and updates will keep Ghost War players on their toes.
- Regular New Content: New content such as new missions, activities and unlockables will be available with each new episode.
Ghost Recon: Breakpoint will deploy next month.