Although it hasn’t been announced in any official capacity, the rumour mill points to the next installation in Ubisoft’s historical action/RPG series being none other than Assassin’s Creed: Ragnarok. If true, this will place the game within the world of Norse mythology.
Today, PSU and Reddit joined forces to release more rumoured information about the game, including an expected reveal date and an expected launch date. Yes, you read that right.
According to those mentioned above, Ragnarok will be announced on February 12th, during a scheduled ‘PlayStation Meeting’, at which time the PlayStation 5 will also be revealed in full. Then, if what they’ve heard is true, the game will release on September 29th. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions are said to be launching first, with PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X versions launching at a later date.
Based on what the leakers have shared, the game’s lead character will be Jora, a protagonist who can be male or female based on one’s preference. Ragnarok will apparently also reintroduce a four player drop-in/drop-out campaign, for those with interest.
Other things of interest include:
- Tweaked and improved RPG mechanics, including altered skill trees
- Sailing for exploration purposes, as opposed to naval warfare
- Improved parkour, which will allow for tree climbing and feature new animations
- The return of the hidden blade, which will be used as a one hit kill weapon (usable from within hay bales, bushes or camouflaged areas such as snow and mud)
- Odin sight replacing the bird drone
- The series’ largest open world yet, perhaps even featuring London, Paris, Kiev and York
- More focus on stealth, including wearing the proper clothing to blend into crowds
We’ll likely have to wait until February 12th, or later, to find out if this is all true. We’re hopeful that it is, though, because Assassin’s Creed: Ragnarok sounds like what the series needs. Here’s hoping that these leaks are legitimate, and that the same is true of the previously leaked store pages.