If you’re itching for some vehicular carnage, but can’t go to a demolition derby because of Covid-19, Wreckfest has you covered. The game was also bolstered by new content today, thanks to what’s been called a ‘massive’ free update.
The aforementioned update brings a brand new tournament mode to the game, along with some other things. You can see the full rundown of fixes, additions and changes below:
- Introducing daily, weekly, and monthly challenges, each at a different reward tier (daily=low, weekly=mid, monthly=high)
- None of these challenges need longer than 5 to 10 minutes of your time
- Keep doing said challenges (daily, weekly, monthly) to increase your “fame” for exclusive in-game loot (a unique vehicle, car skins, vanity items and other cosmetic items)
- Even if you do not own a DLC car, but you need it for one of the challenges: no problem and we got you covered, as you can use all DLC cars just for the challenge without having to buy the DLC. Think of it as a testdrive where the condition in which you return the vehicle does not matter much.
- Tournament mode will bring you FOUR new race modes, with new modes releasing every month.
- Rumble Race: more or less a typical racing event on a track
- Score Streak: derby mode, cause as much damage as possible to gain score
- Rampage Rush Derby: Wreck as many as you can or as quickly as you can
- Rampage Rush Race: Wreck as many as you can or as quickly as you can
- Further modes will be added in the following months.
Bugbear Entertainment also released a new set of vehicles, dubbed the American All-Stars Car Pack. Consisting of three cars, it will set you back $3.99 | €3.99 | £3.29. That is, unless you own the game’s season pass.
- Grand Duke: The king is back! This derby classic is so tough and heavy hitting it’ll survive even the craziest races!
- Wildking: A true American icon with lots of muscle and a surprising amount of agility.
- Little Thrasher: Stand out from the masses with this strong truck that packs a punch.