WayForward’s popular, pixel-art Shantae series has received a new installment. They call it Shantae and the Seven Sirens, and it’s available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Switch, Apple Arcade and PC.
Shantae’s quest begins with a visit to a tropical resort where she encounters new Half-Genie allies, but her vacation gets cut short when her new friends mysteriously vanish. An attempt to find them takes Shantae into a vast, interconnected world spanning both the island’s surface and a massive sunken city below. On her quest, Shantae learns new Fusion Magic instant transformations and powerful environment-affecting dances, acquires a variety of upgrades, spells, and collectibles (including all-new ability-boosting Monster Cards), explores multiple towns and labyrinths, converses with eccentric characters, and fights an array of foes – including the diabolical Seven Sirens!
This is the fifth game in the series, and the first to feature “TV-quality cutscenes,” as well as an anime opening sequence.
- Traverse an expansive, interconnected world above and below the sea!
- Use Fusion Magic to change instantly between all-new creature forms!
- Belly dance to activate machinery, restore health, and more!
- New characters and returning favorites like Rottytops, Sky, Bolo, and the nefarious Risky Boots!
- Gorgeously animated TV-style cutscenes!
- Collect and power up with Monster Cards!
- Groove to the Dance Parlor minigame, acquire magic and items, and uncover secrets!
- 4K-resolution hand-painted visuals on PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Mac, and PC!
Shantae and the Seven Sirens will set you back $29.99 USD, or your local equivalent. Stay tuned for our review of the game, which will be published in the near future.