What was once old continues to be made new again, with the news that Descent can now be pre-ordered across mouse and keyboard platforms.
A re-imagination of the classic 90s 60-degrees-of-separatation shooter, Descent aims to appeal to both longtime fans and newcomers alike. To achieve this goal, its developers at Descendant Studios have done their best to modernize and improve upon the original formula, where the concepts of up and down meant nothing and danger lurked everywhere.
“This has been more than a 3 year journey for the Kickstarter backers, Early Access players, and fans who all made this game possible. We are excited to begin rolling out the Descent beta for players later this year,” said Matthew Scott, CEO of Little Orbit. “With Descent, we are reimagining a classic franchise, while still staying true to the core gameplay that made it one of the most popular games of the 90s.”
Although Descent is expected to hit all three major consoles in 2019, pre-orders are only currently available across the three computer operating systems that it will also release for. By that, we mean PC, OSX and Linux.
Pre-order benefits include:
- PC Beta starting last this year (November, apparently)
- A custom version of the Generation III “Viola” ship w/ exclusive paint job
- Special PC Beta challenges to unlock exclusive pre-season cosmetic rewards
- Multipass upgrade for multiplayer seasons 1 & 2 with additional gameplay challenges
- “Secret Missions” DLC with additional single-player missions, landing later in 2019!
Stay tuned for more information pertaining to Descent.