Earlier today, Merge — an independent video game publisher — sent out a press release stating that Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles will soon be released onto Microsoft’s Xbox One. A relatively well received and reviewed game, it originally released back in July of 2017, and is currently available on PS4, PC and Nintendo Switch.
Yonder is a relaxing open-world adventure game set on the beautiful, vibrant island of Gemea. A lush frontier with eight distinct environments ranging from sunny and tropical beaches to frigid, snow-capped summits. Each location has its own flora and fauna, along with changing seasons and a day-night cycle. But Gemea is not as perfect as it seems. The mysterious Murk has enshrouded the land and its people are in despair.
As the hero of this land, you must seek out hidden and whimsical creatures known as Sprites, then use their powers to clear the Murk. In doing so, you’ll help restore Gemea’s natural beauty. Along the way, you’ll also be able to fish, cook, barter, discover unique materials to craft with, befriend wildlife and establish your own farm.
The game’s feature set is listed as such:
A vibrant open world full of things to discover and places to explore.
• Set your own pace; trail-blaze across the world or settle down for a spot of quiet fishing and farming.
• Extensive character customisation.
• Master professions like carpenter, chef, tailor and more to help the residents of Gemea.
• Craft and trade items to solve puzzles as you banish the Murk from the island.
• Befriend and adopt endearing creatures.
• Build and harvest multiple farms across 8 diverse biomes, ranging from grasslands to dense forests, tropics and more.
• Set in a welcoming world you’ll want to visit over and over again.
• A mix of hand-tailored and procedurally generated quests.
• Multiple creative routes to achieve objectives.
• A dynamic living world – seasonal changes affect routes and animal migration. A day/night cycle and evolving weather conditions affect the world.
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles will come to Xbox One on February 27th, and will cost $29.99. Pre-orders will begin on February 13th, at which point a 15% pre-order discount will combine with another 15% launch discount.