Early next month, Mortal Shell will receive a free upgrade and a new name, that being Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition. Through it all, the game will be updated for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S|X, and released onto those consoles themselves.
A fully remastered version of the tough-as-nails action-RPG, Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition promises:
- “Rich, meticulous details never-before-seen on consoles”
- “Gorgeous upgraded textures”
- “Razor sharp 4K resolution”
- “An uncompromised 60 frames-per-second on Xbox Series X and PS5; 4K/30FPs on Series S.”
- PlayStation 5 DualSense compatibility, featuring whispering sounds and heartbeat vibrations, plus impacts that can be felt
“This next-generation upgrade has been crafted in the same spirit as the original – with a painstaking and meticulous attention to detail that our fans expect and deserve. This, along with Mortal Shell’s Steam release this summer, as well as other exciting plans we can’t wait to announce, will ensure 2021 is a vintage year for Mortal Shell fans.”
Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition will be released on March 6th. As mentioned above, it will be a free upgrade for those who already own the game. Those who do not will have to pay $29.99.
A physical collector’s edition is also in the works, as part of a limited run release. It includes a 140-page art book, reversible cover art, and postcards featuring art from the game. It will set you back $39.99, while the standard physical edition will apparently be $29.99 like its digital counterpart.