We now know when Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla will incorporate its first story-based expansion. That is, April 29th.
Entitled Wrath of the Druids, this inaugural expansion will task players with traveling to Ireland in order to unravel the mysteries of an ancient and strange druidic cult. Through this quest, interactive assassins will explore Gaelic myths and folklore, while attempting to find the cult’s remaining members. Along the way they’ll explore haunted forests and ‘dazzling landscapes,’ all while gaining influence among Gaelic kings.
Although it’s part of the game’s season pass, Wrath of the Druids can be purchased separately. It’ll cost you a whopping $34.99, though. The season pass, itself, is $49.99, and is part of the game’s special editions.
In other news, Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla will soon celebrate the Ostara Festival. That April 8th update will add:
- Settlement decoration activity
- Drinking, Archery, and Fighting mini-games
- Three new character quests: Eivor can enjoy an Egg Hunt, the May-Queen celebration, and protect the settlement against night spirits
- Three new skills: Fearless Leaper lets Eivor land a mastered falling attack atop enemies, while the Raven’s Loot and Loot Food skills increase Eivor’s efficiency when at range or fighting close-up
- Exclusive rewards including settlement decorations and customization items
- Altair’s Outfit, the Yule Gear Set and cosmetics, and 300 opals for free. To claim the rewards, players must access the Animus Store.
Later on, future Ostara updates will also add:
- Mastery Challenge: A second update will add a new game mode building on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s core combat mechanics, bringing a highly replayable combat experience. A Master arrives at the settlement, inspiring Eivor to train and perfect challenges to become a Master.
- Additional rewards