Ubisoft intends to kick the fall gaming season into high gear, with the release of its massively multiplayer/online racer, Riders Republic. The game — which was announced last year, if we’re not mistaken — will officially launch on September 2nd, 2021.
Think of it as an over-the-top, extreme sports focused spiritual successor to The Crew and The Crew 2.
Developed by Ubisoft Annecy, Riders Republic invites players to jump into a lively social playground where they can experience the thrill of outdoor sports in an open and densely populated world. Players will roam freely with their friends in a huge and vibrant open world where they can compete and nail crazy moves through an exciting range of sports such as biking, skiing, snowboarding, wingsuiting and rocket wingsuiting. Whether players want to catch some major air with friends or ride solo to dominate the mountains and canyons, there are plenty of exhilarating moments and activities to be discovered.
Riders Republic will allow players to ride through some of the most breathtaking landscapes the United States has to offer. Some of the most iconic American national parks such as Bryce Canyon, Yosemite Valley, Sequoia, Zion, Canyonlands, Mammoth Mountain and Grand Teton have been faithfully recreated and imaginatively mashed together to form the ultimate outdoor sports park.
Those who enter this adrenaline and fuel-driven competitive space will be able to take part in:
- Mass Races: These will comprise up to fifty different players, who will occasionally spawn in at different points, forcing folks to watch their blind spots closely.
- Tricks Battle: A 6v6 competition where the goal is to earn more points than everyone else by completing tricks.
- Free-For-All: Challenge new opponents in 12 player sessions, throughout a playlist of different events.
- Versus Mode: Pretty self-explanatory. You can challenge and play with friends through this option.
- Multiplayer Competitions: Challenge the world via online play.
- Career: Make a name for yourself through five different career progressions, earning sponsorships and invitations along the way. This mode’s events will include the X-Games and Red Bull Rampage. Of course, you’ll also be able to customize your racer.
“We can’t wait for players to get their hands on Riders Republic during the upcoming betas to experience the thrill of this multiplayer outdoor sports experience the way we imagined it,” said Game Director Arnaud Ragot. “Riders Republic is truly the pinnacle of our multiplayer expertise and we’re excited to offer the community a glimpse into the many social opportunities this dynamic world has to offer.”
Riders Republic is heading to Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Stadia, Luna, PC and Ubisoft+.