Through press release means, Daedalic, Elf Games and Luna2 Studio have announced a new game and IP. One they call Children of Silent Town.
In development for PC and consoles, Children of Silent Town is aiming for an early 2022 release. When it does, those with interest will be able to partake in a dark and hand-drawn adventure, which is full of creepy puzzles. Going further, said puzzles will also incorporate music, making this both an audio and visual puzzler.
Lucy lives in a small village surrounded by deep woods filled with monsters. Lucy and her friends are afraid of them and not even their dreams are safe places to play. It’s not unusual for Silentown’s inhabitants to vanish without a trace, but now the young girl feels it’s time for her to investigate. Search the village for clues, solve puzzles, meet quirky characters and animals, and deal with a very mean cat. But beware: Do not enter the forest!
Its key features will include:
- Explore Silentown in search of hints, but beware: do not enter the forest.
- A unique, unsettling 2D art style fitting for a mysterious, dark tale.
- Music plays a crucial role, and learning how to sing will help Lucy in times of need.
- Combine items to obtain widely unexpected results!
- Many quirky characters (and animals!) to interact with. Be nice to them before they disappear.
- Play minigames with the other children of the village!
- A very mean cat, programmed to mess with Lucy at any given chance.
- Solve curious, original puzzles.
If this all sounds interesting to you, make sure to check out Children of Silent Town‘s free prologue on Steam.