At the conclusion of the Call of Duty League championships, Activision revealed its plans for a digital showcase. One they refer to as Call of Duty: Next, because it’ll give us a glimpse at what’s to come from the iconic first-person shooter franchise.
Set to occur online, on September 15th, Call of Duty: Next will share:
- What the imminent future of Call of Duty will look like, including many more details regarding Modern Warfare II, information on the next Call of Duty: Warzone, and more on the mobile version of Call of Duty: Warzone (also known as Project Aurora).
- A full Modern Warfare II Multiplayer reveal.
- A multitude of your favorite streamers at the event, playing the games in real time.
- Additional information and surprises!
Also announced at Championship Weekend were detailed Modern Warfare II beta dates. Beta dates are as follows:
- PlayStation Early Access: September 16 at 10am PT to September 20 – those who preordered the game on PS4 or PS5 or received a beta code
- PlayStation Open Beta: September 18 at 10am PT to September 20 – accessible to all PlayStation players regardless of preorder status
The second beta weekend is available on all console platforms and PC, featuring Crossplay, allowing players to party up with their friends and the greater community, no matter what hardware they play on.
- Xbox and PC Early Access: September 22 at 10am PT to September 26 – those who preordered the game for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PC via Blizzard Battle.net or Steam
- Xbox and PC Open Beta: September 24 at 10am PT to September 26 – accessible to Xbox and PC players regardless of preorder status
- PlayStation Open Beta (Second Weekend): September 22 at 10am PT through September 26 – accessible to all PS4 and PS5 owners regardless of preorder status
The Modern Warfare II beta is set to feature a robust multiplayer experience going beyond the core 6v6 experience with a variety of meticulously designed maps of various sizes, and an equally impressive set of Modes, Progression experiences and other aspects that will be more thoroughly revealed at Call of Duty: Next.