It’s that time of year again, Xbox 360 owners!
Starting today, July 8th, and spanning all week until the following Tuesday, July 15th, Microsoft will be hosting the Ultimate Xbox 360 Game Sale 2014 on their last-gen console, slashing prices on loads of blockbuster games available to download on Xbox 360, both retail and Xbox Live Arcade. As usual, there will be a certain selection of games discounted for the entire week, along with daily deals that are in effect for 24 hours only.
As if that weren’t enough, a weekly Deals with Gold selection will still be in effect for the week. While that’s limited to Gold subscribers, as usual, even if you don’t have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription at present, the discounts of the Ultimate Xbox 360 Sale 2014 will still be available to Xbox 360 owners who have an unpaid Xbox Live Silver membership as well. Fantastic!
While Xbox One is sadly being left out of the sale this year, Microsoft is compensating by discounting Titanfall on their next-gen console for the week, arguably one of its top blockbusters to date, by 33%. Hopefully next year, Xbox One and Xbox 360 can see discounts side-by-side.
For 2014 however, this sale only applies to Xbox 360. Fortunately, Microsoft’s Larry ‘Major Nelson’ Hryb has provided a list of the games that will be discounted throughout the week, along with the first batch of games that will be discounted for 24 hours, for today only. Major Nelson will be updating his website, majornelson.com daily with the new 24-hour deals, so be sure to pop over there, or onto Xbox Live every day this week to stay updated on the discounted wares.
As with any sales notice, we’ll be listing the aggregate review scores of each game according to gamerankings.com, along with our personal recommendations. All scores will, naturally, be taken from the Xbox 360 versions of games in the sale that are available on multiple platforms.
The weekly discounts that are part of the Ultimate Xbox 360 Game Sale 2014 are as follows:
– Street Fighter x Tekken (83.48%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (95.15%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– Dishonored (89.09%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (55.60%)
– Portal 2 (94.00%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– Child of Eden (84.57%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– Silent Hill HD Collection (67.56%)
– Pac-Man Museum (64.29%)
– BloodRayne Betrayal (66.67%)
– DuckTales: Remastered (75.23%)
– Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (80.00%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings (87.25%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (71.00%)
– Trials Fusion (80.00%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– Darksiders II (83.39%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil (72.44%)
– Fallout 3 (92.85%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– Skate 2 (84.03%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– Devil May Cry 4 (83.26%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– Fight Night Champion (86.64%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– Deus Ex: Human Revolution (89.57%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– MX vs. ATV: Reflex (77.91%)
– The Walking Dead Episode 2: Starved For Help (86.26%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– The Walking Dead Episode 3: Long Road Ahead (88.47%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– The Walking Dead Episode 4: Around Every Corner (82.50%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– The Walking Dead Episode 5: No Time Left (88.15%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (86.29%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– Stuntman: Ignition (74.41%)
– Gears of War 3 (91.49%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– Fallout: New Vegas (83.84%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
This is quite the versatile lineup of great games, regardless of your genre of choice! Bethesda, Capcom, Telltale, Square Enix, and THQ, rest its soul, all have a good selection of standouts on display, and that’s before the daily deals as well!
The daily deals kick off tomorrow with Fable Trilogy, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Halo: Spartan Assault, King of Fighters XIII, Zoo Tycoon, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows. These are more modest offerings, though Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and King of Fighters XIII should be priorities to Xbox 360 gamers who haven’t played either of them at this point.
Check back with Eggplante for all news and updates related to high-profile sales, on Xbox 360 or otherwise.