Sony’s come up with quite an exciting theme for their latest surprise weekend Flash Sale! Should you be eager to get amped for the imminent release of DriveClub on the PlayStation 4, or are perhaps feeling the unfortunate gap left by an absent Need for Speed game for the year, Sony is offering a plethora of weekend-only discounts on various racing games available on the PlayStation Store.
The sale is in effect until this coming Monday, whereupon all of the prices will return to their original sums. The discounted wares include games for PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, and this time, the last-gen PlayStation Portable handheld, all games from which can be enjoyed digitally on a current-gen PlayStation Vita handheld as well. Unfortunately, PlayStation 4 games continue to remain absent from this latest Flash Sale, though one of the games is cross-buy between PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.
As per usual, we’ll list the discounted games, their Flash Sale prices, and their aggregate review scores according to gamerankings.com, for the respective PlayStation editions in the case of multi-platform games, naturally. We’ll also be sure to note our personal recommendations.
First, the racing games available for PlayStation 3 on the cheap this weekend are as follows:
– Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (88.86%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– Need for Speed Most Wanted (85.09%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– Need for Speed The Run (64.04%)
– Pure (82.47%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– Ridge Racer 7: 3D License Ver. (79.47%)
– Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (82.15%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– Split/Second (84.19%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– Tour de France 2013 – 100th Edition (53.33%)
– WRC 3 FIA World Rally Championship (59.06%)
– WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship (57.50%)
– Zombie Driver HD Complete Edition (50.00%)
Next, the PlayStation Portable games that you can get on the cheap this weekend are as follows:
– Driver ’76 (59.89%)
– Need for SpeedCarbon: Own the City(77.51%)
Finally, the PlayStation Vita games that you can get on the cheap this weekend are as follows:
– Asphalt: Injection (50.58%)
– Cel Damage HD (60.00%)
– ModNation Racers: Road Trip (62.80%)
– MotoGP 13 (80.00%)
– MUD – FIM Motocross World Championship (50.00%)
– Need for Speed Most Wanted (83.44%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– Ridge Racer (46.78%)
– Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (79,00%) *EGGPLANTE RECOMMENDS*
– WRC 3 FIA World Rally Championship (40.00%)
– WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship (80.00%)
Bear in mind that Cel Damage HD is cross-buy with PlayStation 4, on top of PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. It is the closest thing that this sale offers to a PlayStation 4 selection.
There’s no getting around that this Flash Sale is no doubt less exciting than the last few, particularly if you’re not an avid speed demon. Even then, chances are, you would have already amassed the best racers on offer for your PlayStation platform of choice, leaving most of the others ranging from mediocre to embarrassingly bad.
Still, if you have yet to grab some of the Need for Speed games, or Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on either platform, those are probably the best bargains. Disney’s Split/Second is also an under-the-radar hit that is well worth your attention. Those with a creative streak will likely enjoy ModNation Racers on the PlayStation 3 as well, though beware that its PlayStation Vita successor is of noticeably lower quality.
Keep racing back to Eggplante for all news and updates on gaming sales and incentives, on PlayStation platforms or otherwise.