If you’ve been in the mood for some non-traditional, balls to the wall racing, then Kylotonn Games may have just what you’re looking for. That is, FlatOut 4: Total Insanity, the awaited return of the cult classic racing franchise, which favours ragdoll mayhem over things like seatbelts and safety.
Released today in North and South America, FlatOut 4 comes to us from a new development team who’ve made an effort to bring the once beloved series back to its roots in time for its PlayStation 4 and Xbox One debut. This means that fans can look forward to lots of destructible racing and demolition derbies, as well as colourful minigames that task you with ejecting your driver for maximum points.
See below for a list of all of the game’s bullet point features:
- Customizable Cars: Unlock 27 cars to customize and race, including tributes to fan favorites and new additions to the garage
- Dynamic Tracks: 20 tracks including traditional derby racing, time trials, arenas, assault levels, carnage levels and much more
- Destructible Environments: Vehicular havoc and destruction return to the world of racing with high speed collisions and wild destructible environments
- The Legendary Stunt Mode: Six new stunts and six re-imagined classic stunt mini-games await fans in search of epic collisions and death-defying maneuvers
- Arena Mode: Three gameplay styles including Death Match, Capture the Flag and Survivor
- New Assault Mode: An arsenal of deadly weapons slow or destroy opponents
- Single Player Campaign: Experience Race, Destroy and Stuntman modes offline before showing off your skills in multiplayer races
- Hot Seat Mode: Players take turns in hot seat competition of Stunts
- Multiplayer Mayhem: Competitive local and online modes allow up to eight players to master destruction arenas, race courses and set traps
FlatOut 4: Total Insanity can be had for $49.99 USD/$59.99 CAD.