It’s been a long wait for PC users, but it’s finally come to an end, as Square Enix has officially released Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition onto the mouse and keyboard platform. Thus, those who’ve yet to play the game due to not owning a console, or feeling that they’d be better suited playing it on their computers, can do so now.
Exclusive to the Windows Edition of Final Fantasy XV are:
- High-resolution options and visuals compatible with native 4K (3840 x 2160), graphical options can also be configured to support up to 8K
- HDR 10 support
- Mod Support – As a preview of what players will be able to do with mod support, players who own FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION on Steam can find the Half-Life Pack items in the Steam Workshop. Further mod support details to be announced at a later time.
- Tobii Eyetracking Integration – For more information on how players can control cameras, auto-aim, warp tolocations and more via eyetracking, refer to the blog post here: www.tobiigaming.com/Final-Fantasy-XV-Eye-Tracking.
- AlienFX Integration – This allows for a more immersive experience with lighting effects tied directly to in-game action on Alienware peripherals.
Also releasing today is the Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, which is a complete version for the console side of things. It shares the following content with the aforementioned Windows Edition, while both will also receive an update to the game’s Comrades multiplayer expansion.
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets.
- All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS.
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and strengthen Regalia Type-D .
- The FINAL FANTASY XV base game, with new trophies/achievements.
Both versions of Final Fantasy XV will set you back $49.99 USD.