The infection has spread, and it’s made its way to PlayStation 4 in the form of DayZ.
Released today onto Sony’s flagship platform, the online multiplayer survival game comes bearing a post-apocalyptic world, infected enemies and other related dangers. Thus, those with interest can enter into a fight for their own digitized lives, within the bleak post-apocalyptic world of Chernarus.
For the uninitiated: The key features of this solo or cooperative online experience include:
- Detailed, authentic backdrop of Chernarus, an open world terrain featuring 230 square kilometres of hand-crafted environment based on real life locations
- Real emotional experience driven by the emergent interactions of 60 players on the server, all fighting for survival by any means necessary
- Environmental dangers including the infected, dynamic weather, and animal predators
- Wide variety of complex survival mechanics – from hunting and crafting, through sophisticated injury simulation, to transferable diseases
- Persistent servers with complex loot economy, and the ability to build improvised bases
- Visceral, authentic gun play and melee combat systems
- Smooth and reactive character controller utilizing a detailed animation system
- Rewarding and authentic experience of driving vehicles for travel and material transport
The release of this PlayStation 4 version of DayZ has also coincided with the debut of a new, live action trailer that is as bleak as you’d expect.