Fans of the Assassin’s Creed series will soon learn The Fate of Atlantis, thanks to today’s release of Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey‘s final piece of major story DLC. That is, The Fate of Atlantis’ third episode, which brings the game’s second (and presumably final) post-launch narrative to a close.
They call it Judgement of Atlantis.
Judgment of Atlantis transports players to the legendary world of Atlantis, a gorgeous landscape of architectural progress and clear water, and a playground for Isu knowledge and power. As the last trial to master the Staff of Hermes, players must make the hardest decisions yet in a world where humans and Isu coexist. In this often unstable world, Poseidon, ruler of Atlantis, tries to maintain balance and hopes that our hero, dubbed the Dikastes, judge of Atlantis, will bring harmony to his kingdom.
Each of the episodes of The Fate of Atlantis introduced new ability enhancements related to different branches of the skill tree – Hunter, Warrior and Assassin. In this third episode, players will discover three new ability enhancements, including:
- Ares Wrath, part of the Warrior branch of the skill tree, is an enhancement to the Ring of Chaos ability. Players smash the ground with the Broken Spear to create a large area where all enemies inside slow down and take damage after a few seconds.
- Blessing of Kronos, part of the Assassin branch, is an enhancement to the Venomous Attacks ability. Player’s receive the Isu Power for a limited amount of time, giving immunity to Isu effects, such as Adrenalin Freeze and Adrenalin Drain. It also boosts the amount of Adrenalin gain and extends weapon range.
- Kronos’ Punishment, part of the Assassin branch, is an enhancement to the Call to Arms ability. Create a replica of our hero that performs a stealth attack to the target, so players can assassinate enemies without exposing themselves when there are many enemies close together.
In order to play Judgment of Atlantis, players must complete the previous episodes from The Fate of Atlantis in addition to the below:
- Following the main game, players will have to complete the questline Between Two Worlds, the mythological main game story arc and the Lost Tales of Greece questline Heir of Memories that is available after completing the former questline. Finally, they must have reached character level 28 or above.
- For players who have not completed the main game, a shortcut was developed allowing them to enter Greece level 52 with all their preset abilities and resources, so they can access Heir of Memories to start their adventure into the afterlife. However, player progression using the shortcut will not carry over to the main game save, and they will not be able to obtain achievements.
Like all of the game’s previously released story add-ons (and additional forms of DLC), Judgement of Atlantis can be purchased as part of Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey‘s Season Pass ($49.99 CAD). It can also be bought as part of the title’s The Fate of Atlantis story arc, which can be purchased separately for $34.99. Of course, Gold and Ultimate Edition owners can download the content for ‘free,’ much like those who’ve already purchased one of the above-mentioned content passes.