Through press release means, Octato and HandyGames have officially announced and revealed Airhead; a Metroidvania style platformer that it intends to release next year.
Here’s a brief description of the game, which we’ve borrowed from its press release:
Start your adventure as Body, who witnesses the tragic separation of Head and his air-pumping heart by an unknown machine. As the heart is taken away, Body jumps into action to save the abandoned Head. You must use the air tanks scattered around the world to keep Head inflated and uncover the true connection behind the stolen heart and the technology that litters your dystopian world. Wrap your head around unique mechanics and experience brave exciting gameplay, all while collecting sweet upgrades!
Dive into deep dark caverns, explore ancient structures and survive an industrial dystopia to solve the mystery of Head’s significance in this world. Experience a beautiful art style while being filled with a sense of responsibility and urgency to help your friend. With a heavy focus on puzzle solving, this unusual challenge will require you to use your Head and Body both separately and together.
“We are incredibly happy to become a part of the HandyGames family. Their devotion to games and the people who play them has been clear from the start and we’re confident that HandyGames are the right people to help us share Airhead with the world.”
– Jacob Honore (CEO and Producer, Octato)
“I’m very happy to support Octato on this awesome exploration platformer, that will deliver an incredible atmosphere with constant challenges and a very unique companionship between a body and his head.”
– Reinhard Döpfer (Producer, HandyGames)
The game’s key features include:
- An immersive 2.5D platform experience in a Metroidvania-style world
- A beautiful art style, embracing bold color and bleak shadow
- Challenging puzzles must be solved by clever use of Head and Body’s synergy
- Loads of powerful upgrades that open doors to new areas
- A personal story of companionship, discovery, and responsibility
- A myriad of creatures and machines to hinder or help you on your adventure
Airhead is targeting a 2021 release on PC, Xbox One, Switch and PS4.