This was a day that many gamers were anxiously anticipating, because it marked the first time that Microsoft showed gameplay footage from select Xbox Series X titles. This was done through an Inside Xbox stream, which took place partially due to the cancellation of E3 2020, and also partially because of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The stream offered a first look at gameplay footage and teasers for titles that are under development at Xbox partners. It did this in 4K, in order to showcase 120 frames per second, hardware-accelerated DirectX Raytracing and more. There were also glimpses at super-fast loading times, as well as the Smart Delivery service that will allow games ownership across multiple generations to occur simply and in a user friendly fashion.
The games that were revealed and showcased today included:
- Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla (Ubisoft)
- Bright Memory Infinite (Playism)
- Call of the Sea (Raw Fury)
- Chorus (Deep Silver)
- DiRT 5 (Codemasters)
- Madden NFL 21 (EA Sports)
- Scarlet Nexus (Bandai Namco Entertainment)
- Scorn (Ebb Software)
- Second Extinction (Systemic Reaction)
- The Ascent (Neon Giant/Curve Digital)
- The Medium (Bloober Team)
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 (Paradox Interactive)
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon (SEGA)
For more information, check out the related Xbox Wire post, which has lots of information to share.
Xbox Series X is expected to release this holiday season, and some of these games will launch alongside it.