Although Watch Dogs: Legion originally launched back in November, it did so without its planned and promised multiplayer mode. While the wait may have been long and boring for some, the good news is that said content is on the near horizon. In fact, we now know that it will be released on the 9th of March, as part of a free update for all versions of the game.
Watch Dogs: Legion‘s online mode will include the following features for all players:
- Free-roam open-world co-op where players can team up with their friends for up to four-players and explore London, encounter city events, complete challenges and participate in side activities.
- New co-op missions for two-to-four players using new co-op gameplay mechanics and giving players the opportunity to recruit the perfect team and fight back against London threats across the most iconic landmarks of the city.
- “Leader of the Pack,” the first four-player co-op Tactical Op which will require teamwork and efficiency. It’s made of five interconnected narrative missions which are endgame content, made for players who are seeking a challenge. Players will need to strategize and communicate effectively with their teammates and ensure they’ve upgraded gadgets and recruited a strong cast of characters.
- The first available Player-vs-Player (PvP) mode, Spiderbot Arena, where four players control armed spiderbots and compete in a high intensity free-for-all deathmatch.
By completing any online activity, players will earn XP to increase their rank and unlock various rewards such as exclusive cosmetics and influence points to recruit new operatives or upgrade their DedSec gadgets.
That won’t be all. Season Pass holders will also receive access to two exclusive and unique single player missions on March 9th, as part of this update.
- Guardian Protocol:
- DedSec tracks an algorithm that could allow AI to override human decisions. If they don’t find it, it could be used to turn weaponized drones into autonomous executioners.
- Not in Our Name:
- A secret group is stealing DedSec’s name. Worse, they’re also stealing information so their employer, a ruthless tabloid owner, can use it to blackmail their victims.
Future free updates will bring an Invasion PvP mode, all new co-op missions and additional characters to Watch Dogs: Legion.