Through press release means, Sony has revealed a brand new PlayStation 5 console beta, along with a new controller for iOS users.
The PlayStation 5 Beta introduces new features for the console such as:
- 1440p HDMI Video Output: Enables players to choose an additional visual setting on compatible PC monitors and TVs.
- Game lists: Allows players personal customization over the games in their Game Library
- 3D and Stereo Audio Comparison: Find the perfect output for your set up.
- New Social Features: Easier Access to In-progress activities, requestable share screen, joinable game notifications, the ability to view new friends profiles and you can send stickers in Game base.
Meanwhile, the controller is a BackBone One, which has been inspired by the PlayStation 5’s DualSense. It’s targeting folks who use PS Remote play on their iPhones.
- Design: Brought to life in a wonderful collaboration with the brilliant minds at PlayStation, the elegant colours, materials, and finishes are all inspired by the design of the PS5 console’s DualSense wireless controller, all the way down to the transparent face buttons and its visually distinctive, floating appearance
- Features: Allows for broadband internet access so that you can instantly start playing your PlayStation 4 and 5 games on the go or right at home, and connect seamlessly with other products in the PlayStation 5 line up, like the Pulse 3D headset, which you can connect directly to the Backbone One -PlayStation Edition.
- Software: Backbone One works wonderfully with App Store games and other game streaming services that support controllers, including Genshin Impact, Fantasian, Call of Duty: Mobile, and more.
- The App: Inside the app, you’ll see various PlayStation integrations, such as custom glyphs representing the iconic PlayStation shapes and the ability to browse hundreds of game titles.