Those interested in rejoining Squall on his perilous journey will be happy to hear that Final Fantasy VIII Remastered isn’t far off. In fact, as the game’s press release states, it will digitally launch on September 3rd. Thus, only a couple weeks’ worth of waiting remains.
- The remastered version includes the following boosts to enhance the experience:
- Battle Assist: The ability to always have maxed out HP and ATB, and trigger Limit Breaks at any time.
- No Encounters: An enemy encounter option that allows players to enjoy the storyline uninterrupted. While enemy encounters are turned off, players can still enjoy the story event battles.
- 3x Speed Boost: Play through the game with three times the speed.
- The STEAM version will also receive additional functions, including All Items (possess all items except for a few certain items), All Abilities, GF Max Level, Max Gil, Max Magic, All Limit Breaks, and All
- Cards (possess max number of Triple Triad Cards except for Rare Cards)
Those who pre-order Final Fantasy VIII Remastered on PS4 will receive a unique theme. Meanwhile, people who pre-purchase it on Steam will receive themed wallpapers.