Nintendo Switch owners can now sail the high seas, and take two swashbuckling Assassin’s Creed games with them wherever they go. This is possible thanks to the release of Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed: The Rebel Collection, which has just made its way to the hybrid platform.
Offering two games for the price of one, the Rebel Collection is comprised of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and Assassin’s Creed: Rogue, along with all of their downloadable content. This includes the story-based add-on, Freedom Cry.
Also included are additional costumes and bonuses, like CG trailers, concept art, and the first 55 pages of a related novel. You can see the complete feature list below:
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. Players will sail into the Golden Age of Piracy, where pirates have established their own lawless Republic. Playing as Edward Kenway, the most feared pirate captain in the Caribbean, players are drawn into the ancient war between the Assassins and Templars. Players will take part in world-famous battles, discover hidden treasures, and earn the respect of legendary characters like Blackbeard. The game’s vast open world features countless remote islands where corruption, greed, and cruelty are commonplace.
- All single-player DLC, including Freedom Cry and more. In Freedom Cry, players will embody the former slave Adewale who finds freedom as a pirate aboard Edward Kenway’s ship. 15 years later, Adewale becomes a trained Assassin to free the slaves and avenge them. In addition to this DLC and Aveline’s one, the Illustrious Pirates pack and all the ship customization packs will be available in Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag.
- Assassin’s Creed: Rogue. Amidst the chaos of the French and Indian War, players will embrace one man’s slow descent into darkness, forever shaping the future of the American colonies. As Shay Patrick Cormac, players will transform from a loyal member of the Assassin Brotherhood into the ultimate Assassin Hunter. On a perilous journey through America and the icy cold waters of the North Atlantic, players will take the perspective of a Templar for the first time in franchise history. This game can be downloaded for free within the eShop DLC.
- Extra Content Pack. Fans of the franchise can dive further into the Assassin’s Creed universe with an extra content pack, included in Assassin’s Creed: The Rebel Collection as a holiday gift. It contains Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag CG trailers and concept art, the first 55 pages of the novel Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag: Blackbeard: The Lost Journal and the manga Assassin’s Creed: Awakening Volume I & II (in English only). This additional content is partly included in the game card and can be downloaded for free within the eShop DLC.
- New and exclusive outfits. From Altair’s outfit to Alexio’s one, the game invites fans to deep dive into Assassin’s Creed universe including not less than 10 new exclusive outfits of the main protagonists of the franchise. In addition, fans who played Assassin’s Creed III: Remastered will be able to unlock an exclusive outfit for Assassin’s Creed: The Rebel Collection through Ubisoft Club for free; players can embody their inner beast in Assassin’s Creed: IV Black Flag wearing the impressive animal spirit outfit.