Vector Unit has announced that Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure — the sequel to the surprisingly fun and well made (2014) original — will finally release onto consoles in about a week’s time. Thus, those who enjoyed the first game, or simply happen to love kart racers, have something new to look forward to.
Although the PC version was released yesterday, console users will have to wait until St. Patrick’s Day to play this battle racer. On that day, it will hit all three current platforms: Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo Switch. According to its store page, it’ll also be enhanced for next-gen consoles.
Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure is an action-packed, mayhem-filled kart racer with split-screen competition and game rule customization. Play any part of the game solo or with friends in split-screen — from the story-driven Adventure mode to multi-event Championships, adrenaline-pumping Races, skill-mastering Drift Attacks and more.
Match your kart racing skills against a rag-tag bunch of rivals as you explore a mysterious island packed with ancient temples, dragon-infested castles, and post-apocalyptic ice cream stands. Unlock and upgrade moon buggies, monster trucks and a ton of other wacky vehicles. Collect and master over forty-four unique powerups in an epic race for the ultimate trophy.
Its key features include:
- ADVENTURE MODE: Explore a massive interactive map as you rise through the ranks of the Beach Buggy Racing League.
- JUMP IN AND PLAY: Collect trophies in multi-event Championships and tons of individual quick events including Race, Drift Attack, Firework Fury, and more.
- GAME CRAFTING: Customize your own ridiculous game rules and save them for insane battles with friends.
- WEEKLY TOURNAMENTS: Compete with players around the world in leaderboard Tournaments with unique, custom contests.
- THRILL-RIDE RACETRACKS: Discover Egyptian pyramids, spooky caves, pirate shipwrecks, and experimental alien bio-labs — 23 unique worlds, each packed with secrets and shortcuts.
- PACK YOUR GARAGE: Collect and customize over 40 unique cars including off-roaders, moon rovers, race cars, and of course … beach buggies!
- BUILD YOUR TEAM: Recruit a crew of 14 drivers, skeletons, robots, aliens … each with their own unique special ability and strategy.
- POWERUPS GALORE: Master 44 individual powerups like Donut Tires, Tesla Coil, Ball’n’Chain and Dodgeball Fury.
Stay tuned for our review of Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure.