Through press release means, Merge Games and Antab Studio have confirmed that their cyberpunk shooter, Foreclosed, is in development for the new consoles from both Sony and Microsoft. As such, it will now release on Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch and PC. As for when, all we know is sometime in 2021.
Foreclosed is a striking display of narrative-driven action where the player takes control of brain implant abilities, hi-tech weaponry, and a diverse skill tree system. Visually, it takes inspiration from the Deux Ex and Max Payne games along with Frank Miller’s graphic novel Hard Boiled, bringing a vibrant sci-fi setting to life with interactive cutscenes and transitions inspired by graphic novels.
It will offer:
- Slick Cyberpunk Action – Foreclosed blends a striking comic book aesthetic alongside high-octane, cyberpunk infused action gameplay.
- Hi-tech Combat – Modify your Symbiotic Pistol with an assortment of customisations including “Machine-Gun” mode and explosive rounds.
- Firmware Upgrades – Discover and unlock brain implant abilities with an RPG-like skill system
- Interactive Comic Book – Everything from gameplay to cinematics are experienced within the stylistic framework of a graphic novel to make you truly feel like a comic book hero.
- Original Story – Follow the story of Evan Kapnos, his identity recently Foreclosed, stripped of his job, brain implants and access to the city Blockchain. He must now escape the city before his identity and implants are auctioned off…
You can see the game’s brand new deep dive below: