Spring is typically a huge time for game releases. It is long enough after the holiday period that people start itching for new content, and early enough before E3 that people don’t just want to wait to see what’s next. This year is no different, with a staggering number of major releases across every platform, as well as some smaller titles to round out the pack. Click the links to read our hands-on previews of the games.
- Tomb Raider – March 5
- SimCity – March 5
- God of War: Ascension – March 13
- LEGO City Undercover – March 18
- Gears of War: Judgment – March 19
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon – March 24
- BioShock: Infinite – March 26
And that’s just the big guns! There are other games, some of them also relatively big titles, launching in March!
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate – March 5
- MLB 13 The Show – March 5
- Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm – March 12
- Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel – March 26
What might be even more mind-boggling is that other titles like South Park: The Stick of Truth were set to release in March, which would have made the month that much bigger. You could speculate that Grand Theft Auto V would have also made it out in March, but it’s Spring release timeframe (before being pushed back to August) was a bit too vague for any concrete dates.
It seems like we’re going to have a hell of a month of gaming in March, and we’re stoked for it. In the next week, we’ll have a look at Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon at a preview event hosted by Nintendo, as well as God of War: Ascension as Sony gives us a chance to play the game before launch. We’ll also have full reviews of all the games we’ve listed as they hit shelves!