Sony’s big announcement came and went in the last half of February, and there was quite a bit of coverage on the subject. We’ve decided to put together a list of all Eggplante coverage on the topic, including everything leading up to the event.
We’d also like to add that we don’t think Sony really wants to be first to this party. Sure, they officially unveiled their next platform before Microsoft, but considering what we saw is all hopeful technology and there’s no guarantee of it all working at launch, we’re pretty sure Sony just wanted to give the illusion of being first.
Microsoft now knows what people disliked about the Sony conference, and we think it puts them in a better position because they can come out an answer some questions that Sony fans probably didn’t get answered. Like what the console will be able to do at launch, perhaps a more solid date than “Holiday 2013”, or what it looks like (though we agree that isn’t important in the grand scheme of things).
Of course, these are just minor gripes with Sony’s presentation. They did, after all, deliver us the next generation of gaming, including more than a few game demos. So sit back, and click the links below to catch up on all the news you might have missed from Sony’s PlayStation 4 announcement.
Pre-Launch Rumours and Predictions
- PlayStation 4 Controller and Dev Kit surfaces
- Watch Dogs rumoured to release on “all home consoles”
- EXCLUSIVE: Destiny coming to PS4, Xbox 720, Vita, Wii U, PC says Bungie web source code
- PlayStation 4 Predictions
- Sony’s latest Evolution video highlights PSP and Vita
During the Event
The Announcements Following the Event
- Sony announces PlayStation 4
- Sony unveils redesigned DualShock 4 (Updated)
- Sony and Blizzard announce strategic partnership, Diablo III on PS4
- More details about the PlayStation 4 Eye
- New inFAMOUS and Killzone titles announced
- PlayStation 4 to stream games in lieu of backwards compatibility
- Ubisoft confirms Watch_Dogs a PS4 launch title (also coming to Wii U)
- PlayStation 4 will not block used games
- Bungie announces Destiny heading to PlayStation 4
- These studios are on board for PlayStation 4
And there you have it! All the news that’s fit to print from Sony’s announcements. A lot of time has passed since the live stream, but a lot of information has come out afterwards, so here it all is, in abbreviated form! Heck, just read the headlines and you’ll get enough of a story if you’re too lazy to go through the whole thing!